Frequently Asked Questions, T&C's
All information on our website is subject to change, subject to amendment and review.
- Dinner is offered 10 months of the year, March - December 16th 2023
- Four nights a week, Wednesday to Saturday
- Wednesday & Thursday from 6pm
- Friday & Saturday from 5pm December
- We will be reopening on February 14th 2024 after our annual break.
- Q : Do you turn tables?
- Yes we do turn tables and at the time of booking, you will receive a note as to when we kindly ask for the table to be returned.
- It is advised that you make your own transport arrangements with a transport provider in advance of dining with us as Taxi's are limited.
Food & Drink
- We currently offer two menus for dinner, both are set no choice tasting menus. ( Please see our "Menu" page for full details.
- One menu is to be enjoyed by the entire table and no alternative choice will be available on the evening you dine.
- We use the finest ingredients available to us and what the season has to offer.
- All of our beef is 100% Irish
- We kindly ask that at the time of booking, you inform us of any dietary requirements, food allergies, food restrictions so that we can prepare suitable dishes in advance of your visit.
- Should we not be informed of any dietary requirements, food allergies, food restrictions, there will not be any alternatives dishes available on the night you dine.
- Please note, we cannot guarantee an allergen free kitchen.
- All cold & hot beverages are additional to the tasting menu price.
- We offer a small curated wine list ( we do not offer beers or spirits).
- We have a curated wine and non alcoholic pairing available each evening to add on to your tasting menu.
Restaurant Layout / Access
- We are located on a hill and due to the nature of the building, there are quite a number of steps internally. We therefore would advise guests with limited mobility to get in touch with us directly, prior to a visit, so that we can assist where necessary & within our parameters, to make a visit more comfortable.
- Our small plate menu is offered upstairs which is accessed by staircase only. Tables can be arranged downstairs for this menu. Please contact us directly for further information.
- We accept all debit and credit cards accept American Express.
- Please note there is currently one ATM in the village which is located inside the petrol station.
- As we are a small seater restaurant, we unfortunately do not accommodate children under 12 years of age.
- Currently , the largest party size that we accommodate is one table for four guests.
- Please note, we do not join tables.
- Should you wish to redeem a voucher with us, please bring it with you on the night you dine.
- Please note, when you make a reservation with us online, credit card details will be required to secure your table and then on the evening you dine, you can present your gift voucher as the method of payment to settle with us directly.
- Gift vouchers are valid for 5 years from the date of purchase and are non transferable and non refundable.
- Gift vouchers are not currently for sale however they will be available again in late November for Christmas 2023.
- Should your preferred date not be available, please contact us directly to add your name to our waiting list.
- Paintings by Anne Kenefick Krawczyk
- Photography by EF
Terms & Conditions
We are looking forward to welcoming you to Restaurant Chestnut. Please read the following Terms and Conditions carefully prior to completing your reservation with us.
- We accept bookings online through our third party, Res Dairy and also directly over the phone ( 028-025766).
- In both cases, credit card details are required to secure your booking with us. No payment is taken at the time of booking, the card details are just used to hold the reservation and guests can settle direct with us on the evening they dine.
- Only upon completion of your booking, a confirmation email will be sent to you with a unique reference number, confirming your reservation. Credit card details are held securely through a third party ( Stripe).
- Should we not have availability on your desired date, you can contact us directly and we can add your name to our Waiting List and should a cancellation arise, we will be in touch. By being on our waiting list, it does not guarantee you a table.
- Currently, a table for four is the largest table that we offer. Please note that we do not join tables.
- As we are a small seater Restaurant with limited tables, it is most important that you inform us of any amendments to your booking well in advance of your visit with us. Dates can be rearranged, subject of course to availability, up to 72 hours in advance of your booking.
- Should you need to cancel your booking with us ( outside of 72 hours of arrival), you can do so through our Res Diary booking system. Please note: A booking is only cancelled fully once you receive a cancellation confirmation email.Should you have to cancel your booking within 72 hours of arrival, or a no show occurs, the full price of your dinner menu by the number of expected guests will be charged to your credit card
- Small plates, nibbles & snack menu: Cancellation policy is: Should you have to cancel your booking within 72 hours of arrival, or a no show occurs, a cancellation fee of €20.00 per person will be charged to your credit card
- We will note at the time of booking, what time we kindly ask for your table to be returned at as we conduct two sittings per evening.
We currently offer two menus for dinner: ( subject to change)
- Our Signature Tasting Menu ( seven courses)
- Our signature tasting menu showcases the season's creativity presented by Rob and his Team. Journey through multiple courses of tasting dishes designed around nature.
- Price : €145.00 pp *( *pricing subject to change)
- Available : Wednesday to Saturday
- Please note, this menu is to be enjoyed by the entire table.
- Dinner based on this menu takes about 2.5 hours to enjoy ( based on 1- 2 guests), 3 hours for 3 - 4 guests.
- Our Short Four course Tasting Menu:
- This is a light meal which gives you an overview of our food and this menu can be enjoyed in about one hour 30 minutes.
- Price : €78.00pp Pricing subject to change)
- Available : October / November / December Mid week : Wednesday & Thursday from 6pm , Friday from 5pm. Saturday at 5pm & 5.15pm
- Please note, this menu is to be enjoyed by the entire table.
Small plates, nibbles & snacks...
When: Wednesday & Thursday nights from October 12th.
Times: 6pm / 6.30pm / 8pm / 8.30pm
Booking: Booking is essential and reservations open October 1st via our " Reservations page"
Where : Upstairs at Chestnut. Access by staircase only. Please note, tables can be arranged downstairs with advanced request. Please contact us direct for more information.
Two Hours: Is the length of time you have at your table.
Menu: Small plate, nibbles and snack menu with plates priced from €6 - €14* per plate.
Dietary requirements: Catered to with advanced notice only. Please get in touch prior to dining with us.
Drinks: Wines and non-alcoholic drinks will be available by the glass.
Cancellation policy: Should you have to cancel your booking within 72 hours of arrival, or a no show occurs, a cancellation fee of €20.00 per person will be charged to your credit card
- We prepare the exact amount of food required for a nights dinner service so it is very important that you inform us at the time of booking of any dietary requirements. With advance notice, we can cater for most dietary restrictions/conditions, e.g. vegetarian, coeliac, shellfish, pregnancy.
- We kindly ask that you make us aware at the time of booking so that our Team can prepare suitable dishes.
- Should you not inform us, we cannot guarantee that we will be able to accommodate dietary needs on the night and guests will still be charged the full menu price.
- Please note our kitchen contains all 14 allergens.
- As we have a small kitchen, we cannot guarantee that dishes will not contain traces of allergens.
- Please arrive on time for your reservation as we are a very small kitchen team, the nights dinner service is coordinated with each guests arrival times.
Restaurant Chestnut reserves the right to cancel bookings due to unforeseen circumstances that impact on our delivery of our standard of food & service.
All information is subject to change and amendment